Jeeps have been racing in some form for as long as they have been around. Many racing sanctions have Jeeps racing in them but most notably is the Jeepspeed racing series.
Laughlin, NV Jeepspeed racers got wet and wild when torrential rains hit the Best In The Desert series Laughlin Desert
Parker, AZ With the Holiday’s behind them, Jeepspeed racers began the 2020 season by giving nothing to their rivals at
Reno, NV The Best In The Desert series Vegas to Reno race, at 505 miles, is the longest offroad
Caliente, NV The Best in the Desert series Silver State 300 takes in some incredible country around Caliente, Nevada. Expansive
Parker, AZ The first race of the General Tire Jeepspeed Series, presented by KMC Wheels, takes place at one of the toughest courses
Las Vegas, NV The Mint 400 in Las Vegas, Nevada threw out a challenge to offroad racers, and Jeepspeed answered the
Jeepspeed Championships Decided At Pahrump 250 Pahrump, NV It was no surprise that the championship winners in the General Tire Jeepspeed Series,
In the few days leading up to the Best In The Desert series Tonopah 250 race in Tonopah, Nevada the
Wranglers Get All The Glory At Vegas To Reno Reno, NV Offroad racing is notorious for rivalries between drivers and
Racers in the General Tire Jeepspeed Series presented by KMC Wheels had the opportunity to run wide open at the Best in the Desert series Laughlin Desert Classic in Laughlin, Nevada. Instead of the typical desert racing course, Laughlin is only 16 miles long and 90 percent is fast, graded fire roads. The race format consisted of 3 laps on Saturday and 3 more on Sunday. Winners were determined by the combined fastest times from both heats. Jeepspeed racing usually takes patience and strategy. They get plenty of challenge from their fellow competitors, but their toughest foe is typically the brutal desert terrain. At Laughlin, there were no pit stops, no strategy, and no limits. Competitors ran wide open.
Las Vegas, NV The Mint 400 race back in the 1960’s was known as one of the roughest. The race
Parker, AZ The first round of six in the General Tire Jeepspeed Series presented by KMC Wheels was held in
Vegas To Reno Survival Of The Fittest For Jeepspeed Racers Merely finishing the Best In The Desert series’ Vegas
From Wikipedia 3/8/2020
Jeepspeed is an off-road organization and class of racing vehicle. The Jeepspeed organization was founded by Mike Barnett and Clive Skilton in 2001 after Clive’s visit to the Dakar Rally in Africa with his son and multi-time Dakar Rally competitor, Darren Skilton, with the intent to build a racing vehicle and series around the affordable and durable Jeep. Jeepspeed developed relationships with race promoters like MORE and Best in the Desert to create a five to seven race Jeepspeed racing series each season. The class has since expanded into four divisions and opened up to other Jeep and Dodge vehicles .
- Jeepspeed Challenge – Stock Class 1700 – Production Class – is for short wheel base Jeeps with 6 Cylinder and 4 cylinder engines produced since 1984, excluding Pentastar DOHC engines and 2018 Wranglers which must run Jeepspeed Class 2700. Wheel suspension travel limited to 10″ front and 12″ rear. Maximum width 75.5″ measured at outside of tires at widest point. Max tire diameter 33″.. Dirtnewz.com described it was the largest grassroots racing class in America in 2008.
- Jeepspeed Cup – Intermediate Class 2700 -‘ is for Jeep and Dodge vehicles that maintain the original appearance and profile. The original bulkhead must be retained together with the original cab floor from bulkhead to rear of driver and passenger seat. Hoods and fenders may be of any material but original appearing radiator grill must be retained. Wheel suspension travel limited to 12″ front and 14″ rear. Maximum width 87″ measured at outside of tires at widest point. Max tire diameter 35″ 
- Jeepspeed Outlaws – Modified Class 3700′ – The Jeepspeed Outlaws is an off road racing championship for Jeep or Dodge sport utility vehicles and light trucks that are recognizable as a Jeep or Dodge by brand grill, hood and fenders. Wheel suspension travel limited to 15″ front and 24″ rear. Maximum width 93″ measured at outside of tires at widest point. Max tire diameter 37″ 
- Jeepspeed Trophy – Open Class 4700 – Class 4700 has been devised to introduce tube and custom frame Jeeps into the General Tire Desert Race Series presented by KMC Wheels. Jeepspeed Class 4700 vehicles may be combined with Class 3700 until sufficient entries in this new class. Jeepspeed Trophy Open Class 4700 will be identical to Jeepspeed Outlaws Modified Class 3700 but with following exceptions; Wheel base restricted to 119″. Front wheel travel 15″ max. Rear wheel travel open.
Notable Jeepspeed teams
- Barry Thompson
- Billy Bunch
- Eric Sigwing
- Eric Helgeson
- The Currie Family 
- Ray Griffith
- Eric Heiden
- Tom and Mike Barnett
- Chris Nissley
- Dust Junkies
- Filarski Bros
- Bruno Zvirzin
- Nissley Racing Team (Chris, Bill & Tom Nissley)
Notable Jeepspeed builds
- Xtreme 4×4 Television show aired in 2006 season episode 10 titled “Jeepspeed Build” featuring the construction of a Jeepspeed race vehicle.
- The “10 Day Jeepspeed” by Jason Lafortune and TMR crew.
- ATK Wrangler built by Jon Krellwitz and campaigned in the 3700 class (and SCORE International Class 3). Also a complete build up of the vehicle from start to finish can be found on the Jeepspeed website
- The Joy of Jeep. Books.google.com. p. 129. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- “Jeepspeed Adds Additional Race to their Best In The Desert Race Schedule for 2008”. DirtNewz.com. Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- “Jeepspeed How To Race”. Jeepspeed.com.
- “2018 Jeepspeed Challenge. Stock Class 1700 Rules” (PDF). Jeepspeed.com. 1 January 2018.
- “Jeepspeed Cup Intermediate Class 2700 Rules” (PDF). Jeepspeed.com. 1 January 2018.
- “Jeepspeed Outlaws Class 3700 Rules” (PDF). Jeepspeed.com. 1 January 2018.
- Temple, Steve. “Currie Enterprises Not Resting On Its Rearends”. Off-Road Adventures Magazine. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- Drew Hardin (2006-12-12). “Jeep Cherokee XJ – 10 Day Jeep Speed Racer”. Jp Magazine. Retrieved 2016-02-14.
- Christian Lee (2008-12-01). “1998 Jeep Wrangler – Desert Race Vehicles – 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine”. 4wdandsportutility.com. Retrieved 2016-02-14.