- New 2016 Jeep® Cherokee Overland debuts at New England International Auto Show
- More premium Jeep Cherokee model boasts an unmatched combination of luxury and capability in the mid-size SUV segment
- Cherokee Overland delivers sophisticated styling, a well-appointed interior, a long list of premium standard features and legendary Jeep capability
- New premium Cherokee Overland available in Jeep showrooms this spring
- Jeep Cherokee sales increased 23 percent in 2015
The new Cherokee Overland joins Sport, Latitude, Limited and Trailhawk models in the Cherokee lineup. With a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $34,695 (plus $995 destination), Cherokee Overland arrives in Jeep dealerships this spring.
2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland
An exclusive style, premium amenities and enhancements and a long list of standard equipment elevate the new 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland model to new levels of refined elegance and comfort.
The exterior of the new Cherokee Overland model features new body-color fascias with a bright front grille and chin extension, body-color door cladding and wheel flares, new 18-inch fully polished bright aluminum wheels, standard HID bi-xenon headlamps and “Overland” badge on the liftgate.
Inspired by the award-winning Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland model, the Jeep Cherokee Overland interior includes a host of premium enhancements, including a leather-wrapped instrument panel, power front driver and passenger seat with four-way power lumbar, a new Jeep steering wheel with Zebrano high-gloss wood trim, bright door sill plates, Berber floor mats, standard Nappa leather seats with ventilated/heated front seats, standard Alpine Premium Audio system, Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM radio with 8.4-in. touchscreen display, Bluetooth, Navigation, HD Radio, SiriusXM Travel Link, SiriusXM Traffic, Uconnect Access Advantage, and standard memory driver’s seat, radio and exterior mirrors.
In addition to the interior and exterior design enhancements and the standard equipment found on the Jeep Cherokee Limited model, the 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland model adds the following as standard equipment: power liftgate, blind spot monitoring and rear crosspath detection, Parksense rear backup assist system and a premium insulation group. The new Jeep Cherokee Overland 4×4 model comes standard with 8.2 inches of ground clearance to help drivers reach the most demanding destinations.
Living up to the “Overland” name, each Jeep Cherokee Overland 4×4 model comes equipped with the Jeep Active Drive II 4×4 system, which includes a two-speed power transfer unit, low range and an industry-first disconnecting rear axle for improved fuel efficiency when 4×4 capability isn’t needed.
In addition, the Jeep Active Drive II system features the Jeep brand’s Selec-Terrain traction control system. Selec-Terrain allows the driver, with a push of a button on the Selec-Terrain dial, to choose the on- and off-road setting for optimum performance. Four customized settings are offered on the new Cherokee Overland model: Auto, Snow, Sport and Sand/Mud.
Selec-Terrain is designed to optimize the four-wheel-drive systems for unsurpassed control and capability. Selec-Terrain electronically coordinates and optimizes up to 12 systems on any terrain providing enhanced vehicle control, including drivetrain control module, electronic brake controller, ESC, transmission controller, powertrain controller and Selec-Speed Control (Hill-ascent and Hill-descent Control). The system also includes Jeep Selec-Terrain, allowing drivers to choose between four modes (auto, sport, snow and sand/mud), which optimizes the 4×4 system to the driving conditions.
Optional features on the 2016 Cherokee Overland model include:
- Heavy Duty Protection group includes skid plates and full-size spare tire, 3.2-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with standard engine stop/start (ESS) fuel-saving technology, producing 271 horsepower and 239 lb.-ft. of torque
- Technology Group includes advanced Brake Assist, auto high beam headlamp control, LaneSense Departure Warning Plus with Lane Keep Assist, Forward Collision Warning-Plus with crash mitigation, Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist, adaptive cruise control with stop and go, ParkSense front and rear park assist with rear stop, rain sensitive windshield wipers, wireless charging pad, remote CD player, engine block heater and sunroof.
The 2016 Jeep Cherokee completely redefines the mid-size SUV segment, delivering legendary Jeep 4×4 capability, superior on-road ride and handling, world-class craftsmanship, clever functionality and versatility, more than 70 available safety and security features and advanced user-friendly technology. The Jeep Cherokee stands out against competitors with unmatched off-road capability while not sacrificing on-road ride and handling, comfort or segment-leading features.
About Jeep Brand
Built on 75 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, Renegade, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models sold outside North America are available in both left and right-hand drive configurations and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options.