- Jeep® global vehicle sales increase 22 percent in 2015 to highest total in brand’s 75-year history: 1,237,583 units
- 2015 Jeep global sales total surpasses 2014’s previous record of 1,017,019 units
- U.S. sales increase 25 percent to a record 865,028 units
- Sixth consecutive year of Jeep sales increases globally and in U.S.
- Jeep Wrangler, Cherokee and Patriot record best-ever global annual sales
- Wrangler, Cherokee, Compass and Patriot achieve best U.S. annual sales
- December marked the Jeep brand’s best monthly sales ever, globally (127,879 units, up 32 percent) and in the U.S. (89,654 units, up 42 percent)
- Sales of every Jeep vehicle improved in U.S. in 2015
- Sales of Jeep vehicles increased 56 percent in the Europe, Middle East & Africa region and 135 percent in Latin America in 2015
“2015 marked the second consecutive year of more than 1 million Jeep vehicle sales across the globe, the sixth straight year of Jeep sales increasing globally and in the U.S., and the highest total in the brand’s 75-year history,” said Mike Manley, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA Global. “While we introduced the all-new Renegade, which is delighting consumers across the globe, we’re especially pleased that several Jeep vehicles recorded best-ever annual sales, both globally and in the U.S.
“In 2015, we began local manufacturing in Brazil and returned to local manufacturing in China after an absence of nearly a decade, further globalizing the Jeep brand,” Manley added. “Now, in 2016, we look forward to celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Jeep, and continuing to deliver a full lineup of class-leading capable and efficient SUVs.”
Jeep 2015 sales rose 56 percent in the Europe, Middle East & Africa region and 135 percent in Latin America.
December marked the highest monthly sales ever for the Jeep brand, both globally (127,879 units) and in the U.S. (89,654 units).
Jeep vehicle sales were led globally and in the U.S. in 2015 by Cherokee (295,081 global; 220,260 U.S.), Grand Cherokee (277,236 global, 195,958 U.S.), Wrangler (255,283 global; 202,702 U.S.), Renegade (158,351 global; 60,946 U.S.), Patriot (143,003 global; 118,464 U.S.) and Compass (108,626 global; 66,698 U.S.).
2015 marked the sixth consecutive year of increased Jeep sales, both globally and in the U.S. The previous five years saw increases of 39 percent global/41 percent U.S. (2014), 4 percent global/3 percent U.S. (2013), 19 percent global/13 percent U.S. (2012), 41 percent global/44 percent U.S. (2011), and 24 percent global/26 percent U.S. (2010).
About Jeep Brand
Built on 75 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, Renegade, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models sold outside North America are available in both left and right-hand drive configurations and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options.